June 17, 2020
Springwood now enters our busiest opening season in history. The four new hotels coming online between now and October 30 will set a new opening record for us; we’re also reopening five hotels in the next few weeks.
Here’s the rundown on these upcoming openings and re-openings:
- June 29 – Reopening Hampton Inn & Suites by HIlton York South
- July 2 – Reopening Tru by Hilton Hershey Chocolate Avenue
- July 6 – Reopening Tru by Hilton York
- July 9 – Reopening Tru by Hilton Lancaster East
- July 29 – Opening Tru & Home2 Suites by Hilton Easton
- August 28 – Opening Home2 Suites by Hilton Ephrata
- October 30 – Opening Home2 Suites by Hilton Martinsburg
Easton’s pre-sold business looks strong, and it could open a week or two early depending on local market activity. As it turns out, the winter construction delay and the Wolf shutdown we experienced at this property were blessings that kept us from opening this pair of hotels just as Covid-19 was about to begin.
Wolf’s shutdown will delay opening of the Home2 Ephrata by 44 days, and the virus itself will delay the Home2 Martinsburg by two weeks (two workers on site contracted Covid-19, then all others quarantined at home for two weeks).
We’re excited to get about the business of safely serving guests and beating our competition with pure, unadulterated hospitality. Let the good times resume!