Here are some excerpts from an October 20th 2011 article by Rachael Spann Urie, Director, Public Relations of STR, that appeared in HotelNewsNow.com. The big news she points out is that the U.S. hotel industry RevPAR in September 2011 grew 10% over September 2010:
- September’s strong demand in both the transient and group segments
- Solid RevPAR increases were measured across all the chain-scale segments
- Overall U.S.hotel industry occupancy rose 5.7% to 63.3%
- Overall U.S.hotel industry average daily rate was up 4% to $103.40
- Overall U.S.hotel industry RevPAR ended the month up 10% at $65.47
- Among the chain-scale segments, occupancy in the luxury segment rose 6.9%, followed by the upper-midscale segment which rose 6.2%.